This little boy...I tell ya.
He refuses to look at a camera 98% of the time, which implies some sort of shyness.
Don't be fooled.
This is the least shy little boy known to man kind. I'll give you an example:
We went to Target. We needed a couple of things and the rest of it was just wanting to get out of the house and look at stuff. If we passed someone in an aisle, he said "Hi!". If they respond, he starts telling them about how they went to Gramma's earlier, and how there's a gorilla in the zoo, and how he has blue shoes, and how he had oatmeal for breakfast, and...and...and...
And he does this all without taking a breath, I swear.
There was an employee stocking shelves over in the office supplies area. She had a tube of a bunch of rolls of tape in her hand.
"Oh," Bee says. "You have tape!" And then cue another 20 questions about the tape, and what she's doing with it, and why she's doing it.
I apologized, laughing, and took the boys to another part of the store.
After probably 15 minutes I remembered that there was something I had forgotten to look at on the other side of the store, meaning we had to walk past the office supplies again. And the gal who had previously been stocking the tape was still there, stocking other supplies.
"You still here!" Bee said. "Where's your tape?"
"I finished putting the tape on the shelves," the Target worker replied.
"How was your tape?" Bee asked.
"It was good, thanks for asking," she said.
"Now you have that," he said, pointing to a stack of merchandise in her hand.
"Yes," she said. "Notebooks."
"Oh, notebooks. What you going to do with the notebooks?"
"Put them on the shelf so people can buy them."
He started in again with the endless, nary-a-breath-taken-between-words schpeel about his daily activities.
Laughing and apologizing, I dragged him away.
This is not an isolated incident. Not by a long shot.
As a mom, I don't know what to think. Am I proud that my kid doesn't seem to lack the shyness I had as a kid? Am I embarrassed because of the way he just takes over? Who knows what this will mean for his future.

No comments:
Post a Comment