This sweet boy with the bright blue eyes and the strawberry curls is my Moose.
For some reason, describing this child is more challenging for me.
He takes after his daddy for his mechanical aptitude. If there's something that moves, he will figure out how it happens. This kid figured out knob door handles at 18 months, making my life that much more challenging. He's figure out the baby gate now too, though he pretty much respects it. Screwdrivers, hammers, brooms and vacuum cleaners: tools of all sorts fascinate this kid. If I had to guess, I'd have to say he'd follow three generations before him and pursue mechanical engineering for his future career.
He's so quick to help. In fact, he begs to help: "Please, please, pretty please can I help you?" Melts my heart. In the morning when the boys join us in bed for a little TV and snuggle time, he'll often go back to his room to get his lovey and his stuffed frog, Lyle. Nearly every time, he grabs Bee's lovey and his stuffed monkey, Pal, and delivers them to his brother.
This kid is also stubborn as can be imagined. He has fully mastered the art of going completely limp when you suggest he do something that he doesn't want to. And if he didn't come up with the idea, there's pretty much nothing he wants to do. Sometimes you can get him to do something if you sell it to him as he can help you by doing it. But sometimes that doesn't work. And then you have a limp Moose laying on the floor.
I don't know what it is about this kid, but when he smiles, his whole face lights up and you can't help but smile too. I could spend all snuggling with him and tussling his curls.

No comments:
Post a Comment