He looks so sweet, doesn't he?
Don't be fooled.
We went to Target today; a quick trip. We were standing in line at the returns desk and there were several grandma-age women around us. All of them fawning over the adorable red-headed twins.
Bee looks at me and points to the woman ahead of me.
"I don't like her," he said.
"What?' I asked, unsure if I just hadn't heard him correctly (note to self: that was probably a bad idea).
"I don't like that lady."
"Oh, geez," I said. "I'm sorry," I muttered to the gal as I pulled Bee in close. A very brief talk about how that wasn't nice ensued.
And mercifully, it was my turn to return my items so I was able to excuse myself from standing their awkwardly with them.
And, sadly, I know that this will not be the last time that my children say something I wish they wouldn't.
And I will remember all of these instances and go tit-for-tat with them when they're 13 years old.
Payback is a bitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment