I want to introduce you to my boys and tonight I'm going to introduce you to Bee. Why does Bee get to go first? Because, while he let Max be born first, since that moment he's insisted on going first for everything else.
Bee takes after his father not only with his red hair, but also with his social butterfly-ness. He talks to everyone he encounters. Just today at the grocery store, he marched right up to the worker restocking shelves and started telling her about how he was at "Gwampa's" today.
This kid is 100% pure, unadulterated energy. He is constantly moving, dancing, bouncing, singing, and hitting his brother. He does not sit still. Unless the TV is on. He loves to watch TV. Because I frequently turn it on for them while I cook dinner, the second we pull into the driveway after work, he says "We watch TV?" Sigh. Mother of the year is not likely in my future.
One of my favorite things about Bee is when he tells you a story. He's so excited he trips over his own words (you have to read this out loud without taking a breath...that's how he does it): "We went to the zoo! We saw penguins! And lions! Loins go ROAR! And penguins! And leopard! And penguins! And! And! And!"
Going to the zoo is one of this kid's favorite activities, if that wasn't obvious in the story above. He loves animals of all sorts. We went to the county fair a couple of weeks ago (the picture above is him with a goat at the fair) and he was so excited to talk to all the animals. I think if he could go to the zoo every day, he'd be one happy kid.
Though I said above that he has a problem with hitting his brother and I think when you picture a super-active kid, you don't also picture a sweet kid. But this kid is sweet. A couple of weeks ago, his brother dropped his toast on the floor and one of the dogs snatched it up. Moose was upset and started crying. Bee didn't hesitate for even a moment before he tore his toast in half and handed it over. That's just one example of how considerate this kid is.
If I had to speculate now about what Bee will want to do for a profession when he's all grown up, I might guess a realtor, or something else in sales. Something where he's active and socializing all the time sounds like it would be right up his alley.
So that's my sweet Bee. He keeps me on my toes. He keeps me laughing.

No comments:
Post a Comment