I think I mentioned the other day how my boys are at a great age where they want to help with everything. If I have the patience for it, it's a great thing!
The other day I was putting away some laundry and they, of course, asked if they could help. I wasn't in the right frame of mind when they first asked, so I told them to go play with their other toys. That didn't work so well, so instead the tried to help on their own. If you've ever had a toddler try to help you, you know that while their intentions are good, without a lot of specific direction, it can be quite a disaster.
And then the light bulb went off in my head. I told them to go get all the empty hangers out of their closet and put them in the basket. They liked this game. While they did that, I sorted out their shirts.
Once they had all the hangers in the basket, I put a shirt on a hanger and handed it to Moose and told him to go hang it up. Then hung another shirt on another hanger and handed it to Bee and told him to go hang it up.
About a million trips back and forth, and the boys had successfully hung up their shirts.
I just have to remember this every other time they want to help and try to figure out how I can break it down into little tasks they can help me with. Because I like when they're doing something for me for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment